http://doingitnaturalee.blogspot.com/search/label/Recession Rates

July 5, 2010

What's on the inside...

The other day I went to visit some family friends and we got onto the topic of my hair. I think it started because I had my hair in three-stranded twists. Somehow the comment was made that I can’t wear my hair natural for my wedding. *blink blink* Why not? I told them that I intended to be natural for the rest of my life and they laughed o_0… Why is that so funny? They then continued to say that in a couple years I would have straightened hair again and they would remind me of what I said…

In this day and age when there are so many products and styling aids out there, do I have to wear a wig, weave, or have my hair chemically processed to be beautiful? Why can’t I enjoy my big day with a head full of riotous (and hopefully well defined) curls? And furthermore, why do women believe this crap??? People really need to stop believing that it’s what’s on the outside that makes a person beautiful.

My sweetie once told me he walked past the house of this girl everyday and everyday she caught his eye. Great shape, great face, nice hair (you know, the type of girl that you for some reason think looks better than you, lol). Then one day he walked past and she was talking to this guy outside and cuss words were flying out of her mouth like she just got out of prison. All of a sudden her features changed and she went from being so beautiful to sooo ugly in a couple seconds. What was on the inside totally marred the outside, rendering it inconsequential.

Guess what. Even with my natural, sometimes dry/unstyled/hard-to-manage/big/unruly hair, I’m still beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. do ur thing babes...do it naturalee!!!
    not big on weaves so u know u got my support on the "naturalee look"...i like it!!!
    kisses!!!
    -russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this... Just days ago I had an appointment to texturize my hair. This is after 24 straight years of natural hair (except the occasional pressing) and as the date got closer I thought about it more and more and then I realised, as much as my hair irritates me at times, I love it and chemicals just aren't for me. Keep up the hair love Leann.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and subscribe to get updates on the latest posts. Thanks for reading.