http://doingitnaturalee.blogspot.com/search/label/Recession Rates

October 7, 2011

The Trip (part one)

Hello my Lovelies!

Last Friday I left Barbados for a supposed great adventure in Miami. Just for 2 days, returning of Sunday afternoon. Well!! It was an adventure alright!

Day One
We flew out Friday morning and when we arrived, we checked-in to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel to hear that we have a smoking room. Now at first I didn't understand what the big deal was, once we had somewhere to lay our heads, but I soon understood! A smoking room is not just a room we can smoke in if we desired, it's a room where many smokers have snuffed the fresh air out of over time! When the elevator doors opened and we stepped out...my goodness, the stink hit me straight in my face, literally slowing my momentum! And the room seemed so far away! But lo!! On opening the door to the room a new level of olfactory distress assailed us! It was so horrible we had to force open the window! I was doing the whole tourist-like, thing so I got some shots of the room...




While in Barbados, R3 had told me 'oh Walmart is basically next door to the hotel so we can just walk across, I've done it before.' So I was like, 'oh ok, kool.' We decided to leave the room right quick and head over to do some shopping since it was so close. LIES!!! It was a couple blocks away in midday sun that is hotter than Barbados!!! My skin was melting offa my bones!!! By the time we got there, I was sweating like crazy and he looked like he wanted to go to sleep on the floor! We didn't stay long tho, we hit two places after that the last being Dolphin Mall!! I got so excited when I saw the Bath&Body Works store!!!! We didn't spend two hours in there like R3 would tell you! We really didn't...*shifty eyes*


Back to the hotel and we got the room sorted out. Can you(non-smokers) imagine wrapping up in sheets saturated with cigarette smoke?!?! No offense to any smokers that might be reading this but that ain't right!





On To Day Two
Turns out our booking got messed with so the breakfast we thought was included, wasn't. Good thing we bought that Burger King the night before huh? *winks* 

*nom nom* Onion rings people! I actually ate them.
And they were good. So what?!

<<----- Enlarge this picture please my lovelies. You see that silver fixture to my right hand there by my elbow? That's my water bottle. I do NOT leave home without it, obviously as it traveled with me to Miami. Now let me tell you the tragedy that occurred. We walked to Walmart again this day(much faster, I tellin you!) and while shopping I placed my beloved in the shopping cart. R3 moved and took the cart with him while I was browsing and put it at the top of the aisle so I would know where he was....*sigh*...

Some so-and-so stole our cart with my water bottle in it!!!!!!!!!! I was so angry, pissed off, livid!! To believe, that I hadtuh come to Miami to get my bottle stolen!?!?!?!?!?! 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10......20. So now I have no water bottle. That thing cost me $15, and me, being more brek than glass, can't afford another one right now. I felt like crying, seriously. I know, it's just a bottle but you'll see why in the next post.

Happily, I got the suitcase I had ordered since February that evening and it contained my Huetiful Hair Steamer!!! Which I used last night!!!! *boogie.boogie.boogie*
Being me, my suitcase was packed and all forms filled out by the time I went to sleep that night because I was not missing the flight the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and subscribe to get updates on the latest posts. Thanks for reading.